Inner Child Retreat FAQ
Who is this 1-Day Retreat for?
This Inner Child Retreat is best for folks who:
- Have had previous or current experiences with therapy;
- Have resources and ways to self-regulate;
- Are wanting to reconnect to younger parts to heal old wounds;
- Whose curiosity outweighs the natural fear that comes with this sort of exploration;
- Are available from 10am to 4pm on a Monday (available dates coming soon).
Your commitment, curiosity, willingness, and honesty will be great resources in gaining what you want from this experience!
Who is the 1-Day Retreat not for?
This retreat will not be appropriate yet if:
- You’re newer in your trauma recovery;
- You’ve never worked with a therapist individually or in group before;
- You, more often than not, don’t think anything can change;
- You are mistrusting of therapy.
What’s the investment?
- $1,050 for a 6-hour 1:1 session;
- A $200 non-refundable deposit is required to secure your spot and will go towards the total cost;
- Payment can be made in full or 3 payments of $350 per month for 3 consecutive months
- 6 hours of your time and energy
Can I get a refund?
I cannot guarantee results because of the nature of this work. It’s complex, it’s unconscious, every client is different, and every therapist-client interaction is unique. Therefore, by agreeing to this intensive, you agree to pay in full; there will be no refunds for this intensive.
What are the benefits of doing an intensive versus ongoing individual therapy?
Great question! While both can be super beneficial, intensives are good for people who are desiring to go deeper a little more quickly. I only recommend this for people who have a pretty good ability to regulate their nervous system and can tolerate their unpleasant feelings.
In individual, ongoing therapy sessions, short time periods can be helpful for helping clients learn to feel and regulate in small doses. Otherwise, flooding, dissociation, or numbing out may occur. These are great survival strategies our bodies and psyche use to protect us and they also can become barriers to healing once the threat is long gone.
For people who are feeling ready for a more intensive experience, an intensive 1:1 day can provide the time and space to do and experience process work without interruption. With an intensive, you receive 6 hours of uninterrupted attention and focus on your healing. It also gives time to play around and experiment with different ways to tend to your Inner Child; allowing us to figure out what is helpful and what isn't. It gives you time to really stretch out an experience, allowing yourself to embody it, and integrate it into your whole Self.
What will I gain from this Intensive?
- The goal and hope is that you’ll gain a deeper understanding and relationship to your Inner Child and their needs, learn to pay attention to them on a regular basis, and be the nurturing and protective adult for all parts of yourself;
- Since everyone is unique and wonderfully complex in their own ways, I cannot guarantee the results you’re looking for. Most people find therapy helpful (with the right client-therapist match) and gain benefits of feeling better, improved relationships to themselves and others, and gaining more purpose and meaning for their lives. For many people, they feel worse before they feel better. Healing isn’t linear and there may be ups and downs, twists and turns along the way;
- I can guarantee that I will stick with you through our time together, through the twists and turns. I will be prepared – emotionally, mentally, and physically – to be a guide through our day. Although this is an “intensive”, I will respect your pace and listen to your needs. I promise to you that I trust you know deep down your pain, your experiences, your needs. I will help you to uncover these, validate them, and pay attention with curiosity;
- 1:1 time with me – a human therapist who has done this work herself, continues to tend to her own younger parts, and believes that this work is real. It’s valid. And it’s so necessary for both personal and collective healing;
- You will be provided with a personal journal to use throughout our day together and you’ll be able to take it home with you after. You’ll also be provided with different writing materials and a tote bag as a reminder of what you want to hold on to, along with some extra goodies;
- Lunch, snacks, and drinks will also be provided so that you can nourish your body with the nutrients, energy, and yumminess it needs. We will discuss any food preferences/needs upon application acceptance;
- Two 30-minute follow-up online sessions (the next day and 1 week later) to debrief;
- Probably a few good laughs and a few good cries.
How do I apply?
- First, please check in with yourself to see how this offering has got you feeling. Excited? Good! Nervous? Absolutely okay! A little iffy? Pay attention to the part of you that is interested; honor that. Think this is a bunch of BS? That’s quite all right, but this intensive probably isn’t a good fit for you now. If you do want a therapist to help you work through other things, feel free to reach out to any of our excellent therapists HERE!
- If you’re still interested, CLICK HERE to apply!
- I will review your application and will reach out to you within 1 working day to confirm whether or not we’d be a good fit in working together.
- If I feel the 1-day intensive is not an appropriate service at this time, I will provide other referrals to help support you (individual therapy, group therapy, or other resources).
- If the 1-day intensive is a good match for you at this time, we will set up a 15-minute phone call to answer any questions, discuss any necessary details, and schedule your appointment!
Ready to apply?
Fill out the application by clicking the button! You'll hear a response from me within 1 business day.